Do you need a pool inspection? The way inspections are done in this market is a monumental waste of your money. The companies offering these inspections merely document that you have a pump, a filter, a this and a that, and a few other miscellaneous items. But they do not provide any details, information, or insight about the entirety of the pool, to include its current condition or operations. And they certainly do not offer any leak detection.
A good pool inspection will document the following aspects of the pool:
- The pool specifications. It should provide documentation about everything about the pool.
- The pool structure. It should provide documentation about the structure and integrity of the pool as well as any compromised areas.
- The pool interior. It should provide documentation about the condition of the interior of the pool as well as its waterproofing system and its condition.
- The coping. It should provide documentation about the type and current condition of the coping.
- The decking. It should provide documentation about the type and current condition of the decking around the pool.
- The equipment. It should provide documentation about every piece of pool equipment.
- The fixtures. It should provide documentation about the main drain(s), skimmers and returns.
- The plumbing. It should provide documentation about the type and diameter of the visible plumbing.
- Full leak detection. It should include documentation and results from testing for possible plumbing leaks and static leaks.
- Past pool operations. It should provide documentation about how the pool has been operated.
- It should also provide documentation about any other inclusions that are unique to the pool being inspected.
A good pool inspection is an all-inclusive, thorough and complete inspection of the entire pool and pool area.
New home buyers
If you are considering the purchase of a home with a pool, then have the pool inspected by an actual pool company. And insist that the inspection includes full leak detection. Make sure you know everything about that pool before you buy that house.
We hope this helps.
We inspect pools.
Our inspection will seem expensive, compared to the way pools are typically inspected in this market. But our inspections offer actual value, making the price very attractive and fair for all of its inclusions. Our inspection will contain all of the inclusions listed above, including full leak detection services.
The typical cost ranges from $795.00 – $895.00 for a pool inspection. A written report will be included, sent as an email attachment within 5-7 days of the onsite inspection.