Weekly professional pool maintenance is money well spent
Expert Pool Work, Inc. does offer professional weekly pool maintenance in Omaha and the surrounding areas.
If you are too busy throughout the week to maintain your pool, it would be in your best interest to schedule weekly maintenance throughout the season. Yes, weekly pool maintenance has a cost per week, but that cost could be significantly less than the money you would have to spend on chemicals and/or professional services rendered to clean and clarify your pool, which will be needed if you neglect your pool maintenance requirements. If you cannot totally maintain your pool throughout the week on your own - every week - then weekly maintenance is a really really good idea to help you during the pool season.
But, you cannot rely solely on weekly professional pool maintenance. Water, by nature, is volatile, meaning it does have the potential to change (and perhaps change for the worse). Plus, there are two many variables (such as heat, sunlight, and pool use) that can accelerate the volatile nature of water. Yes, weekly professional pool maintenance will greatly assist you, but once-a-week maintenance cannot be the only maintenance, despite our experience and expertise with this service.
Many of the local pool companies send out a barely-trained high school or college kid to maintain your pool each week. That totally and completely defeats the purpose of weekly PROFESSIONAL pool maintenance. We send an industry-trained, tenured, and certified pool operator - with over 30 years of individual experience - to help maintain your pool. Yes, that's totally worth it.
ONCE PER WEEK POOL MAINTENANCE: $90.00 per week...services include:
- blowing debris from the pool deck.
- netting leaves from the surface of the pool.
- brushing the pool walls, floor, and steps (if applicable).
- emptying the skimmer basket(s).
- emptying the pump basket.
- if needed, cleaning the filter.
- testing all chemicals with an endorsed Taylor test kit.
- adding the following pool maintenance chemicals:
- Maintenance Algaecide: adding 2-ounces per 10,000 gallons of water EVERY WEEK.
- Metal Sequesterant: adding 2-ounces per 10,000 gallons of water EVERY WEEK.
- Water Clarifier: adding 2-ounces per 10,000 gallons of water EVERY OTHER WEEK.
- Enzyme Cleaner: adding 4-ounces per 8,000 gallons of water EVERY OTHER WEEK.
- checking all threaded fittings, o-rings and gaskets at the equipment for leaks.
- ensuring all mechanicals are operating as expected.
- leaving a Pool Maintenance Report for the client:
- to detail what we did.
- to note the current condition/appearance of the water.
- to note the tested chemical levels.
- to note chemical recommendations for:
- your chosen sanitizer
- water balance
- treatment (if applicable)
- to note potential problems or likely issues (if applicable).
- to note any reason for follow-up service (if applicable).
- other duties/tasks, as individually agreed-upon (which may or may not require an additional charge, depending on the duty/task).
TWICE PER WEEK POOL MAINTENANCE: $160.00 per week...services include:
- same as above, except two visits per week instead of one.
NOTES FOR WEEKLY POOL MAINTENANCE:
- These prices are for Omaha and any area within 20 miles of the 68114 zip code. There will be a travel fee for any weekly client outside this Omaha area.
- To be clear, if you authorize a weekly maintenance contract, this does not include the time it takes to get your pool clean, clear, blue and sparkling once the pool has just been opened and started for the season. All weekly maintenance contracts start once the pool water is clean, clear, and safely ready for swimming. For those of you that hire us to (a) open your pool, (b) do whatever it takes - in terms of chemicals and time - to get the pool ready for swimming, and (c) perform weekly maintenance throughout the entire season, be advised that (a) opening the pool and (b) doing whatever it takes - in terms of chemicals and time - to get the pool ready for swimming both have their own costs prior to starting with weekly maintenance. To reiterate - to be clear - all weekly maintenance contracts start once the pool water is clean, clear, and safely ready for swimming.
- The prices listed here are likely; prior to you accepting weekly maintenance, we will offer free onsite consultation to make sure your pool and its maintenance meet this price; while onsite, we will detail the actual cost per week (which again, will likely be what is listed here).
- If you hire us for once per week maintenance, please know that you will still need to monitor your pool and water throughout that week; we cannot be expected to deliver a clean and clear pool if we're there just once each week...but, we can significantly - significantly - help you each week.
- We can deliver chemicals when we come to your pool for its maintenance; since we are already coming to your pool, there would be no delivery fee. All of the chemical prices are listed on this website.
- If you use chlorine or bromine to sanitize your pool, if your pool is equipped with a chlorinator (for chlorine tablets) or a brominator (for bromine tablets), and if you have chlorine tablets or bromine tablets onsite, then we will fill your chlorinator or brominator.
- Other than adding some maintenance chemicals - some each week and some every other week (as noted), which we will provide at no cost - the maintenance contract does not include us adding any other of chemicals (yours or ours). However, if your pool needs to be shocked AND you specify that you want us to shock the pool for you, then we will shock the pool:
- if we use your shock, we will not charge you for adding the shock.
- if we use our shock, the price is $4.00 per pound.
- We will blow debris from the pool deck; this does not include us hosing off the deck.
- The maintenance contract does not include us vacuuming the pool; we will brush the walls and net the leaves during each visit, but the maintenance contract does not include us vacuuming the pool.
- NOTE: We encourage all pool owners to own and use an automatic pool cleaner - either a pressure-side pool cleaner or a robotic pool cleaner. If you do not have an automatic cleaner, then we will agree to sell a recommended pool cleaner to any of our weekly maintenance clients for just 9% above our wholesale cost...that's a deal - actually, that's a steal - but this offer is limited solely to our weekly maintenance clients.
- If you have an automatic pool cleaner, as part of your maintenance contract, we will empty and clean the cleaner.
- If you want us to manually vacuum the pool during any weekly maintenance visit, the fee is an additional $20.00 per every 15 minutes we are there, to include the time it takes to set-up YOUR manual vacuum assembly (to consist of a telepole, vacuum and vacuum hose) and vacuum the pool. If you want us to vacuum the pool, please make sure the entire manual vacuum assembly - the telepole, the vacuum, and the vacuum hose - is proximal to the pool deck that morning.
- If your pool is equipped with a GAS-POWERED heater, then at least 2-3 times during the pool season - once early in the spring when the pool is opened, once late in the summer (since you'll be using the heater more often going into the fall), and perhaps once in the fall (for those of you that keep your pool open into October) - the interior cabinet of the heater should be cleaned. Any leaves, rodent nests, spider webs, and other debris inside the interior cabinet will cause the heater to operate less efficiently...or perhaps damage the heater internals. This is not part of the weekly service. BUT, we will agree to do this for free when the pool is opened for the season and then, when needed, for just $30.00 for weekly maintenance clients (versus the standard service call rate of $89.000 for non-weekly maintenance clients); this offer is limited solely to our weekly maintenance clients with GAS-POWERED heaters.
- If your pool is equipped with a DE filter, when we backwash to clean that DE filter, we will re-charge (re-fill) the filter with fresh DE powder.
- It is noted that if your pool is equipped with a DE filter, at least twice per season - and some years more often - the DE filter needs to be taken apart so that the grids can be removed and manually-cleaned and then the filter needs to be put back together and put back into service. This is not part of the weekly service. BUT, we will agree to do this, when needed, for just $70.00 for weekly maintenance clients (versus the specialty service call rate of $129.000 for non-weekly maintenance clients); this offer is limited solely to our weekly maintenance clients with DE filters.
- While we fully expect to handle "other duties as agreed-upon" as part of this base price, if you recommend certain duties be done above what has been listed - and these duties are time-consuming - then a modest price increase per week may have to be required, depending on what is asked of us; the price, if applicable, would be communicated to you before you accept.
- If other services rendered, service calls, or repairs are required - in addition to what we include with weekly maintenance - then these services rendered, service calls, or repairs will be billed as a separate cost, above the weekly maintenance rate.
If you feel that you can maintain your own pool, but you just want us to check in on you, we can offer pool maintenance every other week (or twice per month). We would come every other week (or twice per month) just to check in on you and take care of the pool maintenance while we're there. For twice per month maintenance, the cost would be $190.00 per month with the same inclusions and notes listed above. If you hire us for twice per month maintenance, please know that you will be mostly responsible for maintaining your pool, with us primarily acting as back-up and support; we cannot be expected to deliver anything closely resembling a clean and clear pool if we're there just twice each month...this service is for those of you that are 90% certain you can maintain your own pool but just need us to check in on you and give you a break twice each month.
With weekly maintenance, this does not include opening the pool at the beginning of the season or closing the pool at the end of the season; these separate services have their own rate and inclusions.
You can contact Expert Pool Work, Inc. at 402-341-8132 or email@example.com to schedule weekly pool maintenance.