The pool coping can be repaired or it can be removed and replaced
Expert Pool Work, Inc. is industry-trained, experienced, and equipped to repair or replace any type of pool coping in Omaha and the surrounding areas.
The coping is what bonds the top of the pool wall to the pool deck. The types of coping are contingent of the type of pool:
- For most concrete pools, the coping is usually brick, stone, flagstone, or concrete coping.
- For most hybrid pools, the coping is typically plastic, but a hybrid pool can also be brick, stone, flagstone, or concrete coping.
- For most one-piece fiberglass pools, the coping is typically built into the shell during the actual production of the one-piece fiberglass shell, but a fiberglass pool can also have brick, stone, flagstone, or concrete coping.
- For most vinyl-liner pools, the coping is typically powder-coated aluminum or plastic, but a vinyl-liner pool can also have brick, stone, flagstone, or concrete coping.
Regardless of the type of pool and its coping, if just a few sections of the coping are compromised (damaged or missing), then just the damaged or missing section(s) of the coping can be repaired or replaced, wherever required:
- For brick coping, individual bricks can be removed and replaced.
- For stone coping, individual stones can be removed and replaced.
- For flagstone coping, individual flagstones can be removed and replaced.
- For concrete coping, the damaged section(s) can be removed, a special form (that matches the shape of the rest of the coping) can be attached to the pool wall where new coping will be poured, and the section(s) can be re-poured. If there is just a chip or a small missing piece, it can be patched with a cement product. If the concrete coping is cracked, the cracks can be tuck-pointed (also known as channeled) so the cracks are widened to about 1/4" wide and deepened to about 1/4" deep, then prepped (cleaned, etched neutralized, rinsed, and dried) and then filled-in with an approved concrete crack filler, which can be cement-based or caulk-based.
- For aluminum coping, sections can be removed and replaced.
- For plastic coping, sections can be removed and replaced.
However, if most of the coping - whether it be brick, stone, flagstone, poured concrete, aluminum, plastic, or any other type of coping - is compromised (damaged or missing), or if you just want a new look, all of the coping can be removed and replaced with new coping. When all of the coping is completely replaced, you can certainly change to type and style of coping.
We can also caulk the gap between the coping and the deck around the perimeter of the pool to prevent water from penetrating the backside pool sidewalls.
You can contact Expert Pool Work, Inc. at 402-341-8132 or email@example.com to discuss your pool coping needs.